• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte p965 ds3 v3.3 how high can it go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rangi

I have currently a E6600 and some gskill 2Gb pk's at 450*8 1:1 1.39v
The only thing is no matter what I cannot get higher than 450mhz prime stable.

So i'm bored and need of some overclocking to ease my mind, so what I have in mind is to buy some F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI and a E8500 yeah I know I will probably have to flash my board for the 45nm chip (any ideas on good bios for this?)

Now is it probable that this board will do 500mhz+ with this new stuff? I have read the forums and it is likely as the p965 is a strong chipset for high FSB so it looks likely.

Lastly i am tempted to purchase a P5Q delux but firstly before I jump I would like to know what the old board is capable of.

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers rangi

Well I gathered it could well be the ram but if I introduced newer components to the mix such as 8500 ram of the like of what I described in my previous post would or could I get more out of it without having to ditch the ds3 board?

I would like 500fsb+ fronm the ds3, I have read on the xtremesystems forum some people have achieved this and more, though with today's hardware people may have had different experiences even some relevant examples to pass on.

rangi

i would think you need a new board to do that. i will be gettin one soon. are x48's good with 500+ FSB and dual cores? anyone?

Back