• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5E -> Rampage Formula bios flash help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

hi all, i'm a glad owner of the Asus P5E mobo. :)

i have recently been trying to flash my P5E into a Rampage Formula, but have yet remained unsuccessful in doing so.

my procedure is as follows:
1. Make USB flashable by using HP Boot to format and install boot files onto the USB.
2. Copy AFUDOS program onto the USB
3. Copy Rampage Formula 0403 bios as well as P5E 0702 bios (for backup, incase bios flash is unsuccessful)
4. press F8 on start up splash screen to enter Boot device screen
5. select USB and enter AFUDOS/iRF0403.rom/pbnc/n into the command.

after all this, it says 'unable to read from device' or something similar

so i was wondering if it was my USB's problem, and if i would hvae a higher chance of getting a successful flash by using a CD.
the 2nd question is, do i extract the rampage formula files onto the USB, or leave it as a WinRAR file?

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks to all.

GREAT NEWS! successfully flashed my P5E into a Rampage Formula
not only does if have a more refined/more featured BIOS, i have eliminated all vdroop!
how good is that?! the vdrop is still present, althought not as much as before the RF flash, 1.36250v is 1.344 in CPU-Z (that's the vdrop)
idle and load voltage stays the same which, to my understanding, means vdroop is eliminated :)
no real need for pencil mod anymore yay!

i recommend this mod to all P5E owners.

RampageFormulaflashmod2.jpg

edit: both CPU-Z and Si Sandra show the motherboard name as 'Rampage Formula'

Last edited:
hey,thats a good news.Fairly good to know that.Tell us whats your new overclocking result

hey, thanks man.
the mod has eliminated all vdroop. my idle and load voltages are exactly the same, (CPU-Z reading), which is a benefit, as i might be able to reach a higher overclock , with less voltage now.

i won't be able to try overclocking for a while, becuase i got homework:( (still student). but i'll do my best.

popviolence, i reckon you should get this over the P5K board, as you can easily mod it to Rampage Formula, but without the nb and sb temp readings (only difference from the real Rampage Formula, because the P5E doesn't have sensors)

Great to hear. I am considering getting this board and doing the mod, but I think my cpu is at its max on my current board. Anyways, what did u do to get it to work? Was it putting spaces in like this: AFUDOS/iRF0403.rom /pbnc /n ?

Great to hear. I am considering getting this board and doing the mod, but I think my cpu is at its max on my current board. Anyways, what did u do to get it to work? Was it putting spaces in like this: AFUDOS/iRF0403.rom /pbnc /n ?

YES! that was the part that got me screwed over at the start
i followed all the instructions, but i typed in AFUDOS/iRF0403.rom/pbnc/n

but it was meant to be AFUDOS /iRF0403.rom /pbnc /n
and it took me about 5 tries until the 5th try where i put spaces in before each '/' and then WHOA! it worked.

link to all you need to know about P5E overclocking and flashing to Rampage Formula
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179580

this is one of the most convenient X38 boards (becuase of the mod), so i greatly recommend it to you.
btw, i used USB for the mod, all the instructions are there.

NO MORE VDROOP!
how much better can it get?!:santa:

Back