• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to find a newer version of this board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hitbox

2600_small.jpg

Or something similar. That board is an aBit AW9D. It's a bit old and it's specs are out of date.
It also seems to be really expensive and out of stock. The MAX edition is in the same state.

I'm looking for something that is similar is layout but with newer specs such as PCI2.0 and faster RAM.
(The rear I/O panel is perfect. All I need is ps2, usb, and lan.)

DFI comes close but I'd like to see some other kinds.

"Similar layout", are you referring only to the back panel or the entire motherboard? If it is the just the panel, I think there is a few boards (Asus/Abit?) that have a heatsink that goes up to the I/O plate; I think they are the x38/x48 chipsets. If you mean the whole board, the P5Q Deluxe would be very similar.

"Similar layout", are you referring only to the back panel or the entire motherboard? If it is the just the panel, I think there is a few boards (Asus/Abit?) that have a heatsink that goes up to the I/O plate; I think they are the x38/x48 chipsets. If you mean the whole board, the P5Q Deluxe would be very similar.

No no no :/ That board won't do. I've looked at every motherboard on newegg and none of them is what I'm looking for.

I'm referring to the layout of the components AND the back panel.
The one in my first post just looks... epic. I must have it... NAO!
(With newer components of course)

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not what I was looking for.

Can you be more specific as to what kind of layout (for the board) you are looking for? Most of the boards are the same, so I don't quite understand.

For the I/O plate, all I can suggest is what I suggested earlier :p

Let's say, I had a million-bagillion-lotta dollars. And with all this money, I wanted to develop my "perfect" motherboard.

I would arrange the on board components to look exactly like the abit one.
There would be dual PCIx2.0 slots and only 1 PCI slot. Faster RAM / FSB.

The rear I/O would be:
PS2(optional)
8+ USB
1 Gigabit
That is all

Share my vision? Or am I going to have to fire up the Photoshop? :sn:

Hmm, I'll have to let others suggest then, I really can't think of anything :-/

I'm also at work and on the phone, hard to concentrate :p

If I ever saw a mother, that was exactly like the one below, I would buy it.
(Unfortunately, I shopped it and it doesn't exist AFAIK).

I may settle for a few less USB ports, but this is basically it.
I would do terrible, unspeakable things to get my hands on this.

omgshopni1.jpg

Last edited:
I owned that AW9D-MAX and it def did not have that many USB ports. It's sitting at my bro-in-laws house doing nothing.

Let me clarify, that i DID Photoshop said AW9D-MAX board with more USB.
I'm trying to find something similar, because they discontinued it, and it's out-dated.

If I ever saw a mother, that was exactly like the one below, I would buy it.
(Unfortunately, I shopped it and it doesn't exist AFAIK).

I may settle for a few less USB ports, but this is basically it.
I would do terrible, unspeakable things to get my hands on this.

omgshopni1.jpg

Well, um, hum....might I just add that you, sir, are a very strange man.....:screwy::D

Buying something like a motherboard based on appearance is not really a good way to go about it. In just about every case, it is advisable to put much more emphasis on features and functionality.

Also, it is very rare to see any mobo with more than 6 USB ports on the back. They often offer more, but in the form of headers so you can plug in ports on the front and/or back of the case.

They are photoshopped first, it's easy to tell. Secondly, I'd say the closest to the first board you showed would have to be a, IP35-E. Frankly, I'm surprised this thread got so long before somebody was able to answer this question.

13-127-031-03.jpg

Edit - I'd say this is the closest thing that at least comes to my mind save the ridiculous amount of USB ports. With my case there are an additional two up front so that's six. Plus the HD audio is nice ;)

Last edited:
Yes, I did happen to add a ridiculous amounts of USB ports, but was to convey a message!
And that board, although closer in rear I/O, is lacking a second PCIx2 lane.
It also only has 4 SATA and not 6. Close, but not a jackpot OldSkool.

It's not entirely based on looks, doublejack :)

Back