• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 (rev. 1.3) warm reboot weirdness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendary

I just got this motherboard up and running with two 4850s in CrossfireX. I'm also afraid to reboot after it's been on for awhile because it will a) Stop before windows login screen (and sounds like the hard drives are powering down) or b) reboot on it's on (with one of the fans on the videocard running at full speed, or c) It flashes the welcome screen only to be greeted with a BSOD (paged fault error or some ATI*.sys error). And it takes me a couple of times of hitting the reboot button and hitting "boot to windows normally" or "that last good recovery option" a couple of times before it actually goes into Windows Vista. And yes, I did that fan control fix for both my 4850 and my computer is located in the basement so ambient temps aren't a problem. Everything is stock. I'm not overclocking.

Here's my current setup:

Intel Q6600 Quad-core
Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 (rev. 1.3) (Flashed to the latest bios, F2)
4 x 2GB G.Skill DDR 800 RAM
2 x VisionTek 4850s in CrossfireX
2 x WD Raptor X in RAID0
1 x pci-e wireless card
1 x Blu-Ray burner
Corsair HX-620 Power Supply
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition with SP1 (and yes it's legit)

The computer store that's near is in love with Asus motherboards and I don't feel like buying Asus after my one bad experience with them. I could drive down to any of the local frys (closest one is about 40 minutes) but it's a hit or miss with the selection they have sometime and don't want to burn gas getting nothing. I really want this Gigabyte mobo to work without having to buy something else...

Back