• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclocking an abit AW9D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

foreverFLASH

Registered
First, I would like you to review my "System Specifications" in my signature.
That should clear up any initial confusion as to what hardware I'm running.
Next, I will list (in order), my default BIOS settings without overclocking,
and then (in order), my current BIOS settings that are overclocked.
Lastly, you will see the relevant questions pertaining to my overclock.

I hope that some of the more technically advanced members here,
can take the time to notice my thread, and provide the answers I seek.
I will be very, very grateful for anyone's help regarding my questions.

My current overclock:

1. CPU External Clock:
    Began with stock speed of 1.86Ghz (266Mhz External Clock with a x7 multiplier factor);
    This is what shows in my Phoenix AwardBIOS rev. 6.00 latest version from abit support.
    Now I am @ 2.79Ghz (399Mhz External Clock with a x7 multiplier factor).

2. N/B Strap CPU as:
    Default was set to PSB 1066 (Does it mean Processor Side Bus?).
    Currently, after latest BIOS update, PSB 1333 became available,
    and on the lower end, DDR2 400. I decided to use PSB 1333
    (no real reasoning behind it; not sure if that's faster or slower
    than 1066. I think I remember being told the higher, the slower...)

3. DRAM Spec. (CPU: DRAM)
    Default is 800 (2:3) ratio, but mine is set to 667 (1:1) ratio with an
    estimated new DRAM clock of 399Mhz x2[/COLOR][/B]

4. Other Relevant Settings:
    I have disabled EIST Function; was told that interfered with overclocking of the CPU.
    I have also disabled Virtualization Technology (Intel SpeedStep) because of the same reason.
    Is this right? Should I change these back? The one I wasn't sure about was the Virtualization...

My questions:

1. What would be the ideal vCore, DRAM and MCH voltages for my overclock above?
    This is not something I'm willing to guess at. I need someone who already understands voltages to tell me what to do. I can't
    afford to damage anything. My desire is to allow the GPU, CPU, Northbridge, PCI bus and DRAM to have "just enough" voltage
    each needs to perform @ the speeds I have specified above in my overclock. Nothing super fancy.

2. What would be the ideal timings for the RAM I own?
    It has the a default of 4-4-4-12-25, but I'd like to tighten them to allow the RAM to perform optimally,
    but safely. I think my RAM has what's called the "D9" chipset in them. Supposedly these are highly overclockable.
    I've messed with the timings before, but had no luck posting after... (obviously cause I don't know what I'm doing).

3. What would be the ideal Core Clock, Memory Clock and Shader Clock for my GPU?
    8800GTS 640MB DDR3 PCIe x16 (not 2.0 like the new ones). My primary goal,
    is to achieve at least 60+fps in all my games steady (and I know it's possible).
    Games include, all Source games (HL2, DODS, CSS, TF2) and COD4, FarCry, & BF2.
:bang head: :confused:

Last edited:
Back