• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering a new mobo, need some input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merlin7777

Okay, so I have narrowed it down between the p5q-e and the deluxe.

The main reason I like these is because of the layout. Plus other features, but I like the layout because I want to through my asus xonar d2x in there with my 8800 gts which takes up 4 slots with an aftermarket hr-03 gt.

So, in order, it will be the xonar in the pci express 1x/4x slot. then the graphics card taking up the rest.

Now, my one question (so far) is this:
Is the 16 phase power really worth it? It looks like I can pick up a p5q-e for $160, while the lowest I can find the p5q deluxe is around $204.

So, what do you guys think?

Note: I will be overclocking a q6600 that I got from jason (the volt modder) for reference.

There are some rumblings that 16-phase power and quads don't play nice together. Do a google search and you will find info.

REAAAAAALLLLLYYYYY??????

Hmm, after doing a little research, it's looking like the 16 phase power aint all it's cracked up to be.

Right now I am leaning towards the p5q-e.

Anyone else have some input?

Nothing?!! Nobody saying "OMG this is way better than that!! What were you thinking?!!"

So, p5q deluxe just aint worth it? Or can you prove me wrong?

I can say I recently got a P5Q-E, and absolutely love it. That and it looks a ton better than my old P5K-SE.

Back