• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

atx or mini mobo for pci-x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ppe1700

where can i find a good mobo, that will fit inside a standard pc, and that has at least one PCI-X slots? preferrably two! 2 pci-x??

we need to have one or two pci-x slots so that we can use a pci-x sata card that holds 8 sata devices as were going to use lan storage and have some stupidly big array

help is appreciated!

there is no mention of PCI-x on that thread :/
we need a mobo that supports pci-x.

Every board listed in that thread has pcix slots.

Some may have different lanes though, i.e 16x,8x,4x,1x etc etc.

What sata card did you want to use?

No, none of the boards in that thread support PCI-X they all support PCIE-E.

Cant help you out in your search but best bet is going to be a newegg power search.

Server motherboards there are some ATX (no micros though that I saw) but they all have PCIX.

Yes pci-x not pci-e, thats why i wrote it down like 10 times lol.
thanks ill take a look at newegg. we dont have that in the u.k. but it may point me to a motherboard code that we can google :)
thanks

I'm not sure what your other requirements are (CPU type, ram, graphics, any of that), but maybe check out some of the Intel 3200-series chipset boards, like the Tyan S5211G2NR. Takes standard LGA775 chips, regular DDR2 ram, and is ATX form factor. I imagine even if you can't find that particular model, you could at least get something similar in the UK.

even if you cant get the board you after with PCI-X. why not just get a board with PCIE and get a raid card that does what your after? Or is there not one over there,that does what you need?

were after ZFS file system, and not using RAID. we are going to have 8 or 16 one terrabyte hard drives appearing as one 8TB or 16TB network drive.
thanks for the comments & input! ill let you know what we find :)

Back