• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your opinions on a small idea.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Msi.

Hello

Well this thread is simply to inquire on an idea that I had while I was coming home on the bus and the more I thought about it the more it evolved into something that seemed simply yet effective though I decided to ask the masters of it all which has lead me to this part of the forum!

I am building or attempting to build a smaller form factor pc using a thermaltake Mozart VC4000 case, it is not really that small... it’s more like a tower laying down on its side but anyways. I chose that case and will be using a zalman reserator xt to cool it, my initial idea was to keep it relatively simply, small, quiet though capable of pumping a fair amount of power and most likely overclocked.

I chose the xt because it seemed like the best or simplest solution even though it is not the cheapest, I am new to water cooling though I also know that I should not have any issues being able to upgrade the xt and keep it rather silent at the same time and this is what i was thinking off:

--------------------------------------------------------

Water loop: Without Modification

XT [Reservoir - Pump - Radiators] --> CPU --> Northbridge --> GPU --> XT [Reservoir - Pump - Radiators]

Water loop: With Modification
XT [Reservoir - Pump - Radiators] --> CPU --> Northbridge --> GPU --> Secondary Silent Pump --> Custom Radiator --> XT [Reservoir - Pump - Radiators]

Custom Radiator:
A long time ago I saw people working on custom water block's on this forum I remember that it was mainly a block of copper cut in half then drilled to create a tunnel for the water to flow though some even went to making a water block out of a beer can, well anyways I though about using that same idea (of taking a big copper block) which needs to be at least 12" Long or something around that size and line it up with Tec’s as the water "S" though it rather then having a massive radiator with 140 MM fans on it, Silence is golden and its my goal. I know one side of the TEC has to be cooled and that would probably be done with the use of some CPU Heat sinks or something, If I can get my hands on some thermalright with a few heat pip's.

This would be a fanless solution though I am sure some people here will say that adding fan's to it will greatly increase the efficiency of this system, I would like to hear what everyone has to say.

p.s. I am not looking to drop the water in the negative temp as I seriously do not want to deal with the hassle of condensation etc... Though if I could have the cpu running around 15 degree's Celsius or something along those lines I would be more then happy.

--------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

here is the thread of what is being cooled.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=572985

Last edited:
Back