• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey fellas, overclocking with new MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HitThaSpot

Registered
Hey fellas, I'm a bit new here, just lookin for some help in overclocking my Pentium III [1 GHZ]. I have adequate to do it, but I just don't know how to do it with my new MOBO "new bios version I suppose", Anywayz I have an Asus SL6, and wanna clock my processor back up to aroun 1.2 GHZ. Appreciate the help fellas.

welcome to the forums!
i hope you enjoy your stay.

if you want a more direct route to an answer repost in the intel cpu forum.

Well, this should probably be in "Asus Motherboards" under Intel, but we'll let the mods decide that.

Try looking around in your BIOS for something that will let you change the operating speed of the processor (something like FSB or CPU Speed). I know Abit's have the Softmenu, but Asus' don't have that. Way back when I had an Asus board, I remember being able to OC through the BIOS but I can't remember what category it was under. Anyway, make sure all speed settings are "User Define" so you can change the speed effectively. If there is any sort of speed error hold or speed lock, disable that too. Let us know what you find.

SoFtMeNu

Actually, funny you should say, My Asus MOB runs Soft Menu II. . any more tips ?

Back