• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buy your own phase change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's 1/6hp, probably only get 15F out of it max, would be insanely loud as well, these are designed to sit outside. Oh and it can't take a high pressure refrigerant.
Dammn.
Only good for the fan and condenser assembly.

Completely wrong way to approach it.
I've got 1/6hp compressors that easily handle quad cores.

It's 1/6hp, probably only get 15F out of it max, would be insanely loud as well, these are designed to sit outside. Oh and it can't take a high pressure refrigerant.
Dammn.
Only good for the fan and condenser assembly.

Completely wrong way to approach it.
I've got 1/6hp compressors that easily handle quad cores.

explain please ...first say 1/6hp only do 15c and second say 1/6hp will do quad ?

Well first this specific 1/6hp, is meant for medium boiling point temps, aka not that cold, for fridges and such. Not a low of low temp capacity.
Also, holding a quad has nothing to do with temps, but more of capacity.
I've got a few 1/6hp holding 250W (way more then quad will put out with any form of daily possibly voltage and then some) at -10C easy. It's really a matter of how the units built and tuned.

No, please read what I posted. You do not need a more powerful compressor. You need a PROPER compressor.

Even if it was underpowered it would still be somewhat useless. You could only use it for a chiller b/c if you took it apart to put an evap on...your basically back to start. You'd need all the parts/tools/crap. Parts like that already go for around that price anyway.

Back