• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help for a new rig...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nsgnsg

well, my brother needs a new computer and i decided to build it for him...

I was thinking of giving him my current case, hard drive, and ram, plus getting him a q6600, with a modular power supply and a cheap gpu, he dosen't game much so i was thinking something along the lines of the 8600.. i am gonna wait for boxing day (day after Christmas in Canada has sales similar to black Friday.

anyway, i wanted a decent overclocking mother board. he dosen't need anything to fancy, just something i can oc with and has a good sound card...

i was thinking about getting him a p35 based intel mobo..

i want the price to be close to a hundred, be able to oc. with a sound card similar to the one on the p5k premium...

thnx, but he really dosent want to spend that much, and i reaaally dont want him to have a better board then mine,, lol...

I heard that their was a good cheap gygabyte mobo, do u know wich one it is???

Newegg has this one for $89.00 US..... GA-P35-S3G... it is lga775 p35 chipset ICH9, onboard sound, and something rare in this day...the IDE connector is next to the power connector, which is closer to the top of the board which means that you don't have to find an extra long ide cable.
I can't say if it has all the features that mine has, but the reviews are good..however it does not have e-sata, raid, or iee1394 (firewire)
Hope this helps,
Doc

thx, but i live in canada and ima wait, i think i myte go with one of the cheaper p5ks...

Back