• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOSTAR TP45 HP - King of Budget P45's or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
Inspired by the fantastic review by windwithme I picked up a BIOSTAR TP45 HP P45 board this morning and will see how it compares with the other P45 I had and it can get to 500FSB and above with my Q9650 and >600 Fsb with an E8400.

The board goes for just over $100 AMIR, so a really good fit for tight budget.

All others with this board please post your own experience here as well :)

Last edited:
Inspired by the fantastic review by windwithme I picked up a BIOSTAR TP45 HP P45 board this morning and will see how it compares with the other P45 I had and it can get to 500FSB and above with my Q9650 and >600 Fsb with an E8400.

The board goes for just over $100 AMIR, so a really good fit for tight budget.

All others with this board please post your own experience here as well :)

Surely will!!! Just have to wait 1 or 2 months for it to arrive here in Brazil.... :eek: Will go with TPower I45 + 2x2gb 1066 Gskill + E8400... :)

bro...

I have the TP45 coming as well as the I45, I'm going to try these with my E8600s when it all arrives.....ofcourse my stuff will go cold very quickly so won't be too many air shots, just enough time to get familiar with bios and find some good settings to start at under the cold.

Takes way more v-core than the P5Q series to get to 450 FSb on the quad, I could get to 465 FSB, 470 FSB caused a reboot, might have to play more with the GTL ref voltages

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 09 22.22.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 09 22.22.gif
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,839
Worked it down to a v-core of 1.4 in CPUz and 1.36 under load, the board's v-droop is not bad at all. VTT is 1.20v and MCH is 1.4v

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_04 Aug. 09 23.13.gif
    ScreenHunter_04 Aug. 09 23.13.gif
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,785
Every day it seems I read about you getting a new piece of hardware to test out Brolloks...

What GTL % are you using? I'm trying to figure out what I should use for my setup. ABIT IP35-Pro + Q6600 G0.

For FSB btween 380-420 just use stock, for higher set it to 65%. 45nm use closer to 63% to improve stability

I've had the TP45 HP for about a month now, I love this board, for the most part. For $129, I don't see any other boards out there that can match it.

For FSB btween 380-420 just use stock, for higher set it to 65%. 45nm use closer to 63% to improve stability

Would going higher improve clocks? Now this % depends on the VID setting right? Can somebody explain the relationship between GTL % and VID? I am checking stability with this linpak variant-->http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?t=197835

Seems to run 10C hotter than anything out there. My goal is to ensure that the residues are the same or at least the same order of magnitude.

PS# I may be changing MBs soon. Would you recommend this Biostar board with an E8400? I'm shooting for balls-to-the-walls FSB. I've never breached 500FSB before, so anything above it would be a nice bonus. So can you do 600 FSB? Looks like a 4-phase VRM, so I don't know if it can handle your quad or not. The windwithme board seems to have G-Luxon caps everywhere but the VRM, so I'll probably avoid that one or recap it with CP caps.

Last edited:
i have a tpower with a quad and i have reached 500mhz fsb. still working on stability, but i dont think it is out of the question.

Back