• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Commando vs Q6600 G0 Overclock Prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deltavox

Registered
Hi, jsut looking for a Yes or No answer here pls? Im having an overclock problem right off the bat and im guessing its due to the fact that the q6600 runs at the mobo's max FSB rating, 1066mhz. So any overclock on the processor is going over the mobo's max. FSB. Therefore its impossible to overclock my system, correct?

Welcome to the forums.

That motherboard should be able to overclock a Q6600 perfectly fine. That isn't a "hard" max on the motherboard FSB.

What exactly is happening?

First, :welcome: to the forums! :beer:

The answer is no, that's not the reason. Frankly that board should do better than a FSB of 266. You might check to see that the BIOS being run on the board are new enough to support the Q6600 CPU. BIOS updates are often needed for some of the older motherboards to run newer CPUs. (The term newer being relative to the board's age, not the calendar date.) :beer:

ok i think i was juicing it up too much i was runnin g it at 1.3125v and that seemed high since its now running at 1.25v im working on it as we speak, ill update if any probs

Back