• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrTurd Ferguson

Does anyone here have this board and if you do, what do you think of it? I bought one to build a very budget "get by" computer...nothing for overclocking or anything like that. I'm a total idiot when it comes to picking out parts...I usually screw up by picking what looks good and not knowing what the actually options I need are.

I've got it together and it runs pretty good, I guess. The BIOS does show what I think is overclock options but I don't really know how to set this up. The only problem I had was with the USB ports...everytime I plug something in to them the computer restarts. So I bought a USB PCI board and everything is fine so far.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with this board. I think it's ok and I'm thinking of buying a few more to build little computers for both my kids to use, they are only 8 and 11...so they don't need a monster computer right now anyway.

Can you please give your input...good or bad...I'd like to hear it.

Thanks.

Does anyone here have this board and if you do, what do you think of it? I bought one to build a very budget "get by" computer...nothing for overclocking or anything like that. I'm a total idiot when it comes to picking out parts...I usually screw up by picking what looks good and not knowing what the actually options I need are.

I've got it together and it runs pretty good, I guess. The BIOS does show what I think is overclock options but I don't really know how to set this up. The only problem I had was with the USB ports...everytime I plug something in to them the computer restarts. So I bought a USB PCI board and everything is fine so far.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with this board. I think it's ok and I'm thinking of buying a few more to build little computers for both my kids to use, they are only 8 and 11...so they don't need a monster computer right now anyway.

Can you please give your input...good or bad...I'd like to hear it.

Thanks.
well they are good for stock pc, meaning no ocing. for the pc restarting after plugging in a usb device. sounds like a short near the backplate/ IO shield or could be bad soldering for the usb "port" it self.

if you really dont need something that powerfull for the kids.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MB...3cbaea9d01a50e64f5a89e98d3db20ada80d7912a6914
with it being MITX you can use a really small case..

I'll have to look into that when it comes time to put something together for my kids, thanks.

I just needed something to get by with for awhile and had some pieces laying around that would work with this board. Plus this was somewhat of a budget build...inside a Dell case of all things. Not really interested in oc'ing it but fine tuning would be nice just so everything runs at it's best. Soon I'll be asking about the best this and that for my gamer build.

I started to make a new topic in the Intel CPU section but I decided not to waste space and keep it here....

I've got a 2.66ghz P4 506 (I believe) and I think that is a Prescott if I'm right.

Can this processor be overclocked any at all with this motherboard I have? I've seen something about a pad mod...would that force the whole deal to run at a high FSB than what it's doing now?

Back