• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5N32-E SLI New mobo for brother!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krayzy87

Registered
ok guys just finished building my brothers computer and he wanted this mobo to OC his e6400 which has a multi of 8.. Problem is i went into bios-overclocking menu and i noticed that Overclocking options-N.o.s options-System clocks and FSB & Memory config are all blanked out? anyone have any idea? i need them so i can raise the FSB.. any tips with this mobo or info such as wats the max FSB and vcore for this board? also as this is my first time im ocing on this mobo.. thanks

ok got it working.. just checked what my fsb is currently at.. it says 1066? thats stock e6400 is that correct? Shouldnt it be at 266 as thats my bus speed?

I won't trust it too much. Trying boot up CPU-Z. It should give real time measurements. For example, it reads a lower multi when the CPU's idle with power management enabled.

It's ok to oc it :). Probably gives you the quad pumped frequency (4x that of the actual bandwidth).

ok ive reached 3.5 ghz just but upping the fsb not touching anything else.. i know if i go 3.6 it will crash.. So what should i do now and so on and so.. like tell me what i should do next and when i should go on to the next step, thanks

Watch your temperature. If it's below 65 (some say 60, whatever suits you), then continue to increase your voltage. Occasionally, you do so with your MCH nb etc too. There is a point where increasing the voltage result in minimal gain. That's when I'll stop.

No no what i mean is.. Ive started to raise my fsb slowly.. once i reach my maximum fsb what should i do then to make it higher? like step by step.. like when do i change my mem timings annd up my vcore

this hasnt helped me.. ive raised my fsb to 3.0ghz but i cant push it any further.. Should i up the vcore? also when is the right time to clock my ram?

Please read the sticky, all of your questions regarding steps in overclocking are explained there in a very clear way.

Back