• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best mobo for a quad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automiketic

i shall soon be the happy owner of a q9400 (i hope) and am gonna need a new mobo. i was pretty much set on getting a p5q-e or a p5q deluxe. most likely the cheaper of the two. but as of late i have seen a lot of people talking about these biostar boards. i have a biostar now and i like it but it was a budget board so i couldnt expect much from it. i just wondering what you guys would do if you were me.

1.) p5q-e?
2.) tp45hp?
3.) p5q deluxe?
4.) tforce i45?

and yes of course i am going to oc it.

Newegg doesn't do a good job comparing models like the P5Q-Pro and P5Q-Deluxe. Asus's website does a much better job, but you actually have to read the descriptions to pick out differences, it doesn't put it in a nice chart.

As far as the two you have listed, I have the P5Q-E, and love it, have no regrets. I have a dual in it, but I hear the P45 is the recommended chipset for a quad. I have read of a few members here having the I45 though and liking it, so you really can't go wrong. Choice is up to you :)

well im gonna give another biostar a try thanks for the suggestions. i ordered the mobo today and plan to fully document this build. so keep your eyes open for pics comming soon.

^
Cool, if you get the time make a little review about the Biostar I45 OC performance.

i plan to do that as well after i give it a little time to break in. ill be sure to keep everyone posted looks like i should be up and running by friday.

Back