• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f155mph

Ok I am in the market for a new PSU. Currently I got a 300W antec unit. But I think I am going to need more juice for my new rig. It is going to be water cooled. I plan to use 4 120mm(2 Sunon 108cfm and 2 Panaflo 89 cfm), 5 80mm, and 2 92mm fans. I know I know, but I got a BIG server case. I think I am going to get an XP 2000+ when the price drop more.

What PSU should I get? I don't want to pay too much for one. I like the Enermax but I think they cost too much.

What other brand is good out there and where can I get it from?

Also what does all those rating mean?

How do you calculate what you need for your system?

I got a decent 500W made by Leadman. The POWMAX 6100X. 220W combined and 50A on the 5V.

Got it for $72 shipped from SavingXoom.

It's a cheesy site but I've ordered 3 times and had good experiences.

My Leadman/Powmax 6100E 500W thingie arrived today and it says 180W combined. Next time I'm going PCC&C.

Well, it was tested by Overclockers.au and they got a combined of 250W on theirs. I made a typo as I actually meant 250W.

All of the 500W POWMAXs read 180W combined but it is incorrect. Mine says this as well.

Are you going to buy a fanbus or build one? The reason I ask is if you want to keep you case from getting Really confusing and cluttered, you'll get one! I have 2 extra fans in my case (1 on the side and 1 on top to vent air) plus the HSF and the front fan and the "string-'em-together" method just looks tacky. Plus it would help you regulate all the noise those fans will be producing. Heres a good site for PSU's and remember, you get what you pay for: http://www.servercase.com/.

I got a DigiDoc 5 and I am going to do the Relay mod so that I will switch voltage when it reaches a certain temp. So I am not going to use a fanbus.

Thank for the help guys. $200 bucks for the antec, sh*t that is as much as a cpu.

Anyone know any links to PSU reviews??

Back