• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which P45 would you pick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alien432

Tech Savvy Member
Guys,

Turning in my P35 and now down to 3 boards to buy but want your valuable experience and opinion of these 3 boards. I'm leaning towards Asus. Can anyone tell me differences between Max Formula and P5Q Deluxe. Is the price difference worth it? It seems like I read the P5Q deluxe is like the X48 Rampage but P45.

For the Asus boards what RAM do you use with success. I have some OCZ platinum 1066 & OCZ Reaper 1150 and Patriot 1200 but don't know if they are compatible, all 2X1 pairs. What memory are you using with ASUS.

ASUS Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45
ASUS P5Q Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P45
BIOSTAR TPower I45

Thanks for you help !

I would go with the P5Q deluxe unless your going to go Crossfire to warrant a X48 and even then the P45 is very reasonable.

From what I've read the BIOSTAR is a good board plus cheaper but I have no experience with them.

I'm using G.Skill (see sig) with my ASUS board but OCZ or Corsair are also excellent choices. I would recommend 1066 as a good choice if you're overclocking. It allows you FSB head room up to 533 that is sufficient for most of us. Faster than 1066 isn't worth it in my opinion, marginal performance gain for more money.

Enjoy! :beer:

Back