• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fun Little Cascade Project [56K Will Commit Suicide]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoL

Not a normal start, nor a normal setup, but I think you'll like watching the progression, I know I like to :p
So you might be able to guess whats going on, and what goes where, and what is what, if you have any questinos why not ask. The first half, or pictures basically of tonights stuff, could comprise a very good chiller, but instead is the first half of the cascade, and this could easily be a start for a great single stage, all about how you approach it ;)

And into the pics of todays progress.
The Base!
WACP1.jpg

Opening the damn thing.
WACP2.jpg

Ooo nice packing, (Note to self: Save this!)
WACP3.jpg

Who needs this crap anyway? :rofl:
WACP5.jpg

WACP6.jpg

Nice plug! Keeping that as well!
WACP7.jpg

Now that's a sweet image right there! 5000Btuh rated condenser with fan!
WACP8.jpg

Nice side grills, where air is drawn in.
WACP9.jpg

Nice front with filter and overall look.
WACP11.jpg

Lets break this thing open! And definitly keeping that top and front, has a nice filter as you can see. Easy to get into with those nice screws too!
WACP12.jpg

WACP13.jpg

WACP14.jpg

WACP15.jpg

WACP16.jpg

Time to rip out this crap.
WACP17.jpg

Nice evap, too bad!
WACP18.jpg

QS072CCA. Tasty, this things tall still unlike Rechi's, however thin!
WACP19.jpg

Removing more pieces.
WACP20.jpg

And look at this nice spot for a controller!
WACP21.jpg

But who really wants this crap?

WACP22.jpg

WACP23.jpg

WACP24.jpg

WACP25.jpg

WACP26.jpg

Captain Cascade beware! No filter but its definitly angled upwards! *GASP!* (just joshing mate, you know your right)
WACP27.jpg

Now to get into that Evap box.....
WACP28.jpg

Off with its head!
WACP29.jpg

WACP30.jpg

And off with the recirculator! Its really a blower fan of sorts, sucks air through the Evap and throws it left and right.
WACP31.jpg

WACP42.jpg

WACP43.jpg

And thats it for tonight! First stage brazed, and now pressure testing!

And out with the Evap box foam...
WACP32.jpg

And bend that evap out of the way.
WACP33.jpg

Uh oh! A nubbly!
WACP34.jpg

I got a solution for that.
WACP35.jpg

WACP36.jpg

Ya know what they say. Location location location. This was the quick planning stage. Then some piping.
WACP37.jpg

WACP38.jpg

I'd eat this stuff if I could.
WACP39.jpg

Just a shot of the room and parts.
WACP40.jpg

Look at that, easy as pie. Throw some 3/16 up, down into a nice filter. Hey look its pointing down!
WACP41.jpg

WACP42.jpg

WACP43.jpg

And thats it for tonight! First stage brazed, and now pressure testing!!

damn sweet ! :)

how about a price list when your done

gotta nice little indoor ac here just waiting to be morfed ;)

Hahah this is a cascade mate, not a single stage.
Price tags bout a $1000 if you want one.

Haha I love building projc like this. This will be much more efficienct then a huge monster compressor cascade, which just isn't worth using in my opinion.

and how much did it cost you in total to set up this phase?
It's only half done, what you see now is the first half of the refrigeration loop.
The total price that this is for sale at is $1000. The total cost in parts has now cleared $500 plus.

Sweet project NoL. :cool:

Please edit the prices and sale information out though before a mod does so for you. ;) That can go in a classifieds thread once you get the build wrapped up.

The build is pre-sold, not selling another, and won't have time before school to build another. So hope its okay, just sharing what this sort of thing might cost from me, trust me, other builds will fright to match the price. :p (Oh wait there all hiding under rocks anyway jk!)

Changing the oil in the roto, boy is this a pain in the arse. Gotta sit there for an hour or two and jiggle the damn thing.
WACP44.jpg

WACP45.jpg

And here's the nice looking lineset. Maybe it's not 4ft, might be 5ft, who knows, its long, he'll like it :p
Chilly1 style modified evap at the end, hot gas bypass line and refrigerant line can be seen. Braid will be going over once she's all done and brazed up and insulated.

WACP46.jpg

WACP47.jpg

Back