• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q-E OCing help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokers_greg

Hey guys, just upgraded my BIOS to 1103 (the latest if I'm not mistaken). I've noticed there are a few more commands under the AI tweaker menu. I'd like to know how to use these to my advantage. Right now I'm running 3.8 stable @ 423x9. I'd like to hit 4ghz, but I don't know how. I can't get 4 stable for the life of me, but in truth I haven't really played with any settings. The only voltages I've changed are CPU vcore/ DRAM and NB. I'll post up screenie's of my actual settings and I hope you guys can help me out. My system is in my sig, and she's watercooled. I have a 120mm fan blowing on my NB heatsink, so I think my NB temps are good. My RAM is holding me back from using the 8x multi :(

i was gonna throw this in the P5Q thread, but its already crammed with posts, I don't want to add on anymore.

Are you trying to jump from 3.8 to 4 without any intermediate steps? Could be your chip isn't capable of 4? :beer:

well thats the thing, besides the above mentioned voltages, i haven't taken any. Those steps I would like to explore. I believe in this chip doing 4ghz, my spider senses are tingling lol

Also, does anyone know anything about the temp monitors and such on this board? Are the readings very accurate? How cool should the NB be kept, and can I monitor it ouside of the BIOS?

CPU PLL voltage, haven't touched that yet, but i keep hearing about it. What should i tweak it too?

Back