• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel DP45SG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaPoets

I'm seriously thinking about getting Intel's new extreme motherboard the DP45SG as I have the D975XBX2 right now and I have been very happy with it.

Anyone know of the actual release date for this board?

Anyone seen any reviews of it?

It says it's got 6 sata ports but only 5 of them are on the Raid controler so the most I can do is a 5 drive raid 0 (was hoping for 6 drive but oh well, I'm running a 4 drive raid 0 right now). That 6th one is an eSata on a Marvel controller.

With the prices of RAM, DDR3 is dropping pretty fast for 1333mhz which is the top end for this board and I don't see the point of going 1600 for my gaming needs, plus I'll be bottle necked due to my Q6600 until I upgrade that later. I'm running XP64 and will only go to Vista 64 if WarHammer Online has a true need for DX10.1 but other than that I don't want to touch vista w/ a 10 foot pole.

What ever processor I eventually put in it, will be air cooled as it will be in my fairly cool basement w/ the Antec 1200 case I have.

So w/ all this, Anyone have any thoughts on the DP45SG Motherboard? (BOXDP45SG)

Thanks in advance

/shameless bump...

There was a huge spike in backorders for this board as of today. Has anyone heard anything on the expected shipment of it?

DaPoets,

I was also considering this Intel board, mainly because this would be my first build and had been advised by some fellow video editors (my primary application is video editing) that going with an Intel built motherboard would help minimize compatibility/stability issues.

So, please keep this thread advise of your decision and findings.

I was also looking at the ASUS P5Q-Pro.

Thanks!

I got this board last week. It was very easy to overclock. I only changed FSB, CPU voltage and memory voltage to reach 3.6GHz. Very stable and has really helped my 3DMark 06 and Vantage scores.

Screen shots of BIOS settings are here...

http://picasaweb.google.com/ksmquad/QXRaidmax#

<<< System Summary >>>
> Mainboard : Intel DP45SG
> Chipset : Intel G43/G45
> Processor : Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3000 MHz
> Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
> Hard Disk : MAXTOR (1000 GB)
> Hard Disk : WDC (150 GB)
> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NS30 ATA Device
> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NS30 ATA Device
> Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 24 inches
> Network Card : Linksys EG1032 Gigabit Ethernet
> Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate Professional 6.00.6001 Service Pack 1
> DirectX : Version 10.00
> Windows Performance Index : 5.9

Beware, I also like Intel made motherboards but this one was made by Foxcon for Intel.
I have had this board for two months now and I think it's finally stable but still not right.
I have seen four BIOS upgrades in the time I have had the board to correct CPU and memory timing issues and they are still not fixed. I have manually set the CPU and memory timings and several utilities still show different values than they are supposed to be. Intel may get this fixed but I believe they are concentrating on the newer X58 boards. The last time I saw something like this, Tyan was attempting to correct a V.I.A. chipset which after six or eight months they decided the chipset had a design flaw and just wouldn't perform as advertised. I don't think that is the case here as other companies have used the P45 chipset with great success. I just wish Intel would "Git-R-Done!"

I'm about to jump out of this board myself, trying to decide which I am going to switch to. This board is just incomplete.

Back