• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lil Help Please Guys?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldSkool

Rest In Peace
So I just installed an Abit IP35-Pro and got all the drivers installed and reactivated windows, you all know the drill, and I started CPU-Z, and noticed something off. I decided to open Speedfan to check, yep my vcore is listed at 1.10 for 4.2Ghz?! That can't be right at all. I'm sure I don't need a bios update, that was my first thought but quickly dismissed as I'm sure the previous owner flashed it all up to date. I'm at a bit of a loss.

Specs are in my sig except the mobo is the pro not the -E now.

Edit - Everest reports 1.30v which is right on the money for where I have it set in the bios.

Last edited:
Nice chip if you can run that fast that low...

My vdroop seems to be worsening on my pro...under load at 4194 it drops from 1.45 to 1.41 under load...

Don't feel bad oldskool I just got the ECS board from sno.lcn and after loading windows and all that, CpuZ reports DDR3 and it's a DDR2 board! :shrug:

Don't feel bad oldskool I just got the ECS board from sno.lcn and after loading windows and all that, CpuZ reports DDR3 and it's a DDR2 board! :shrug:

Lol, that's interesting.....confusing but interesting.

so what bios is on the board I am still running 16

Um, I'll have to look after work tbh. I took a SS but never uploaded it. I didn't want to waste the space if it wasn't needed ;) Brolloks had it last, that's why I say, I'm sure it's up to date, lol.

on the IP35-Pro if your runing a 65nm cpu then stick with bios14 if its 45nm then bios16 or higher.

well i have no issues here on bios 16 with my E7200, bios is set to 1.3v i see cpuz 1.3 idle and 1.28v load.

If we are trusting CPU-Z, here is my SS(I know voltage is waaaaaay off).

Another weird thing is that I know fsb is set to 467mhz in the bios:

Pro.jpg

install then startup flashmenu, when is says bios version, there is a section highlighted in red. that would be the bios version, also there is a sticker on the cmos with the bios they installed on the board.

so your on one of the newest ones, that one may just be meant for 45nm quads.. get the bios 16 and give that a shot...sorry i havent kept to much track of the newer bios's since bios 16 works perferct for me with the E7200.

Ahh i dont mean to be of nuisance or anything but 4.2 WOW! i have the same exact processor as you do but i haven't tried over clocking it, meaning it's still at 3.0 GHz xD.
Just a quick question though, are you using stock cooling or custom??

Well it's not stock or custom, just the aftermarket W/C in my sig: Coolit Freezone which can be seen here: http://coolitsystems.com/ I have heard some negative things about this solution, but I'll tell ya, I like the sub-ambient temps it has given me nothing but great performance thus far. It's a little pricey until you consider the price tag on a full A/C setup. I got lucky and found mine on eBay for a total of $120 shipped. Shop around if you're interested and see what you come up with ;)

One thing to note about my OC. I have a Q743 (early) batch and the results you see for mine are not typical. Still, follow the basic OC rules and see where it takes you. Either way, I think you'll find that chip will make you very happy. Keep in mind that 1.3625v is the max safe voltage you'll want to use for that chip for 24/7 use :beer:

Edit - Almost forgot: :welcome: to the forums!

Well, I had a heck of a time flashing that back to v16 but after a quick Windows repair and some system settings tweaks, I think I got it. CPU-Z is reporting correct voltage levels now and it would seem that once again, thanks to Evilsizer and his seemingly infinite wisdom, I've got it all under control :beer:

Back