• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P45 mATX goodness at last!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yup DFI has been the talk of the town for their upcoming mATX market it seems everyone else is ignoring.

I remember a few years back when Angry Games, of the former DFI Steet Forums, was saying that DFI wouldn't waste their time with such a niche market board. We kept arguing that it would be perfect for lan parties which was such a prominent phrase DFI used on most of their top board naming convention.

Asus has built some great overclocking mATX boards lately and I hope they build a P45.

my question about this board though is if it can fit the cards I want on it.

8800GTS
x-fi PCI card
pci-e x1 TV tuner

the specs say:
1 x16 or 2 x16 Graphic Slots in 2 x8 lanes by IC switch
2 PCIe x1
2 PCI slots

but the picture just has two PCI-e x16 (8x in Xfire)
1 pci-e x1
and 1pci

and since the 8800GTS takes up 2 slots I am afraid this will overlap either the pci-ex1 or the pci slot :( and then not allow me 1 of my cards

For DFI sake I hope this JK board will be a better OCer than the DK version.

Tell me of one failing.
I've been out of the loop for a while, but back when 939 was still about DFI boards were dropping like flies, with faulty DIMM slots and blown PWMs.

Back then the general consensus on DFI was great boards for benching, not for everyday use. I'm hoping DFI have improved their quality, but I will never touch a DFI board again after owning three DFI nF4s that all encountered problems.

Back