• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p35 going to limit Q9550?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

from what ive been reading everyone says p45 is the way to go for the 45nm quads, i havent seen anyone say a thing about the ol school p35s. my board hits 500+ fsb with 65nm duel/quads and 500+ with 45nm duel.

think im gona be sad when the quad gets here?

Hmmmm, good question, while P-35's have been consistent great performers even when compared with newer released NB's I have been hearing or reading similar things. If it ends of making you sad, return it, keep the E8400 or Get a Q6600/X3210/X3220.

I am real tempted to upgrade from my x3210 to a 45nm but with the hardware I have I think its a waste unless I replace mobo too. Currently my rig does all i need ti to do and more, i might get one of those new arctic cooling 3 fan H/S/F for the vid card though and wait on the cpu upgrade. Maybe borrow a friends to test performance and then decide.

It is not necessarily the case that a P35 will limit the 45 nm quad, that said the P45's have proven itself to break down FSB walls on some of the Q9450's. I got some very good results on a P35 getting to 470 FSB on a Q9650 without much effort

It is not necessarily the case that a P35 will limit the 45 nm quad, that said the P45's have proven itself to break down FSB walls on some of the Q9450's. I got some very good results on a P35 getting to 470 FSB on a Q9650 without much effort

awesome, my board has done 500+. i just want to hit 4gigs with a 8.5 multi atleast ^^

I can boot at 475FSB w/ my Q9550 on my P35, but the NB is not stable. I have to drop down to 464 (and I think I might need to drop to 463 after a few random BSOD's) to be 24/7 stable. The CPU has no problem at these speeds...only requiring 1.208v.

If you're looking to hit 4GHz you might get close, but not quite make it. I'm hoping a P45 will allow me to get over 4GHz, and maybe get to 4.2GHz+ since my CPU has so much more in it.

Back