• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI DK P35-T2RS OR ASUS P5Q-PRO ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey as you can see in my signature that's exactly the MOBO and CPU I have. First thing is I'm very happy with my T2RS and e7200. The T2RS looks totally sick but of course looks aren't everything and the same is true with the T2RS. After I plugged everything in it detected everything and was super smooth for me. I haven't tested the OCing options but from the reviews on Newegg.com it's suppose to be like heaven for an OCer so I'll be set when I get into that in the not to distant future. The e7200 I think would beat that quad core you had posted for the simple fact that games aren't using anymore than 2 cores right now but I guess you might not have gaming in mind which then would make the quad core better for running a whole bunch of applications for a programer or something. Anyways just know that I'm good with the e7200 and the T2RS and recommend it to anyone for the price/performance aspect.

Good luck,

Well so far, there's more DFI loyalists than ASUS of P5Q Pro fans!

If you get a chance, it would be great to hear your reasoning. That is, specific reasons why the DFI DK P35-T2RS/E7200 is a better option than the ASUS P5Q-Pro/Q6600 setup.

What were the prices on both of them? Are you looking to for price/performance or just what is overall better??

The DK P35 was $130 + $120 for the E7200 = $250.

The P5Q-Pro & Q6600 oem, were a Shell Shocker deal for $269.

resurrecting an old thread perhaps I can get some feedback I wanna run a raid array on my T2RS but I am wondering which is better

Should I use ICH9R or JMicron which is the better onboard solution?

Back