• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga 780i and the Q6600 + 4x1gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

Anyone having any luck with this board and a Quad 6600 + 4x1gb of ram and Overclocking.I pulled 2gigs out and now im back at 3.8ghz.I couldnt get 3.8ghz stable with 4x1gbs for nothing.But now im running at 3.8ghz and very happy.I guess im gonna have to go with 2x2gbs of ram if i want 4gbs and nice a overclock:beer:I just wish i could run 4x1gbs because i like having all 4 slots full.I wonder why a P35 mobo has no problem running this same setup at 3.8 to 4.0ghz but on the 780i i can only use 2 Dimms?:bang head

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=403976

Attachments

• myputer2 (Large).JPG
    myputer2 (Large).JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
If you haven't tried it, up the voltage to the Northbridge. The extra memory sticks will add stress to the communication through the NB.

3.8 is a excellent overclock independent of the number of memory sticks! :beer:

If you haven't tried it, up the voltage to the Northbridge. The extra memory sticks will add stress to the communication through the NB.

3.8 is a excellent overclock independent of the number of memory sticks! :beer:
Hi
I did try that and it didnt seem t help much so i think im gonna buy a 2x2gb set of of ram.Even though im only using 32bit XP Pro atm

This was the ticket for me. I lost the 4x1GB of Patriot EP, and picked up the 2x2GB set of Vipers instead. 1066 turned into 1200 after some quick tweaking, and my NB needed less voltage to keep the system stable.

On my 680i with the same RAM, the machine went to 445 FSB and pushed my Q66 to 4GHz. Good ram for an nvidia chipset to be sure.

Had almost the same results with the 2x2GB set of Corsair Dominator 1066, but wasn't able to clock the ram itself quite as high.

Back