• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q Deluxe BIOS question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Khato

Registered
I just built my new rig with this board and an E8600. Everything works great except something weird is happening with the Bios. Some of the items that are supposed to be in the Bios (according to the user guide) are not there. For example, under the advanced menu the Speedstep technology setting does not appear. So I cannot disable it. But C1E is there. Also I cannot see the list of sata drives in the main menu. Although I was able to raid0 couple of sata drives and I have two more connected. They just don't show up under sata list. They do show up under boot priority though. The Bios seems to be new (June version). It detected the CPU specs correctly. Overclocks fine so far. I am priming at 3.8 at stock volts.

Any helpful thoughts are appreciated.

CiE is under Advanced and then CPU Configuration. If I remeber correctly, once you enable Raid all the drives no longer show up on the Main screen. You can only see them under IDE devices in the boot menu. Next reboot I will try to remebeer to check that for sure.

CiE is under Advanced and then CPU Configuration. If I remeber correctly, once you enable Raid all the drives no longer show up on the Main screen. You can only see them under IDE devices in the boot menu. Next reboot I will try to remebeer to check that for sure.
That's the same same as my P5Q-Pro, the sata drives once they're put in RAID or ACHI they don't show up on the main screen

That's a relief. Thanks. That makes sense because at first I could see the drives listed then they disappeared once I set the raid.

Any ideas on Speedstep setting? Do you guys see under the advanced/CPU menu?

Once you set the CPU's multi the Bios assumes you don't want EIST enabled and it will not appear in the Bios under CPU settings

Well, last night I left the computer on and the multi went back to 6 from 10. I set everything I changed back to auto (to defaults) in the Bios (except the raid of course) and still do not get the speedstep setting. Any more guesses?

You must disable C1E as well remember

Yes Brolloks, that is the only thing I can disable to the prevent the multi from dropping. However, I think I fixed the problem within Vista. If I don't let the computer sleep (energy saving mode) the multi does not go down anymore. If I let it sleep, when it wakes up the multi is down to 6, so needs a restart to get it back to 10.

The thing is though, I still do not have neither the "cpu ratio setting" or the "Intel Speedstep tech" options under Advanced/cpu menu. Still weird...:screwy:

i have the same issue...

The "CPU ratio setting"(AI Tweaker menu) does not appear and neither does the "CPU ratio setting" under the advanced>cpu configuration menu. How to fix this?

(just to make this a little MORE ridiculous) I have been looking for several hours now and i still have no idea, someone plz same my frustrated *** :).

EDIT: for the record, that is a P5Q-E im talking about, though.

Last edited:
Yes, i do, and i also tried it with older BIOS updates(i think that's called downgrade'ing or sth in English :p, any help).

No help...

CPU ration can be set in 2 locations on the deluxe IIRC

Both under that OC area linked above and also in another area where you disable c1E

I am not at home, so I can not look right now. I am sure someon else here can point it out though. It is located under CPU configuration somewhere.

nope, under my CPU configuration menu there are only 3 options(there should be more according to the user guide):
Max CPUID value limit[D]
CPU TM Function[E]
Hyper Threading Technology[E]

Back