• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit ip35 pro shuts down on OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

Hey all when ever I put a big OC on my Q6600 and start to stress test it it reboots. Temps on the CPU are not going above 60C on any of the cores. Any one have any ideas on this?

Also on some of the newer bios there is a update for S3 what the heck is S3?

my first thought would be power supply but if your sig is right. then thats not it, my next thought would be not enough cpu-v for the oc... i have had that happen to me, not enough cpuv and it reboots/freezes. just depended on how close it was to being stable if that makes any sense.

DITTO Evilsizer's suggestion. 1.3V is less than I've seen for most 3.6G 6600s.

if he is on 1.3v then i missed that more then likly he is going to need 1.4-1.5v. to be stable at 3.6 but if it takes 1.35 to be stable. then he has a good chance for 3.8ghz at 1.4-1.45v just hard to say atm.

if he is on 1.3v then i missed that more then likly he is going to need 1.4-1.5v. to be stable at 3.6 but if it takes 1.35 to be stable. then he has a good chance for 3.8ghz at 1.4-1.45v just hard to say atm.

Agreed! The sig says 1.3 but then they've been know to be out of date from time to time.

i been trying to go above 3.6 to 3.8+ with the cooler weather we have been having so i can fold more. I was running it at 3.0 under volted because it was so dam hot! 28 days straight of 90+F

well i just turned her up to 3.8 and set the voltage to 1.595 in the bios 1.530-1.520 in windows and she shut down real fast. do u think its cause of massive Vdroop?

Not necessarily, it could be your CPU -- mine won't do 3.8G.

As you go to high voltages current leakage within the IC becomes more pronounced and increasing the voltage produces little other than more heat. Walk your way up, I've found big jumps sometimes don't work when small steps to the same level do. Patience :beer:

I'm setting at 3.654Ghz and while I can run at 3.7, it crashes every day or so. Such is life! :bang head Each CPU is different, what you see is what you get.

Some times you can work through fine tuning the other voltages and settings to get a better OC but in my opinion you're now at the point of working hard for the gains you can achieve. :beer:

I'm setting at 3.654Ghz and while I can run at 3.7, it crashes every day or so. Such is life! :bang head Each CPU is different, what you see is what you get.

Some times you can work through fine tuning the other voltages and settings to get a better OC but in my opinion you're now at the point of working hard for the gains you can achieve. :beer:

ill just have to wait tell its butt *** cold then run something out side to cool the computer and push from there.

Back