• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need to replace ds3r w/ raid 0 setup got some ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hypertek

i thnk i damaged my p35ds3r board from a bad flash it wont boot anymore. i dont have a job right now so tryin to keep my costs low. had raid 0 set up on the intel sata ports. if i change the board can i carry the hdd over without reformatting?

i been havin badluck with this board (2nd rma) these have a problem with resetting overclocks on boot ups and i read its a common problem with these...

since money is tight and i need a replacement , any boards i should look at that are affordible? or i could try to grab another simular board off the forums and limp it for a while till financially fit to upgrade everything.

the prior board i had befor this was a 965 s3 and i ran raid 0 on the gigabyte sata ports, i transfered the hdds to the ds3r and ran on the gigabyte ports no problem without reformating..

Then when i installed vista i reformated and put the hdds on the intel ports and set em up for that.. So id probably have to stick with p35 huh?? cant go to p45?

As long as i can carry these hdd over to say the abit ip35 pro and adjust bios and just be able to boot my old stuff up and have windows make the adjustments i should be set?

anyone know how to get the bios to reset? someone in a thread suggested that i could do the bios recovery.. system does not post, nothing on the screen.. just see the cd rom light up.. so i put the motherboard cd in and nothing really..

Have you cleared cmos? If not do so and see if that brings you back to life

I would check the PSU good before you start spending cash. In fact, I wouldn't stop there, I'd run it all through the wringer.

Back