• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new video card for bh6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slim_lim

OK, i'm looking to upgrade the video on my BH6 cel900 from TNT to something nicer and cheap. My concern is that the new video cards list AGP 2.0 compliance as a requirement, whereas BH6 onlt has AGP 1.0. know ppl have gotten new cards with this board.
If any of you still use a BH6 based system, can you please post what video cards you're using and if you had any problems. Thx.

Ok, I got me a Visiontek Geforce2 TI from a local store to see if it works. It does... so far anyway :rolleyes: ! I'm not going to keep it though, 'cause it was too expensive ($150 + tax). Going to return it and buy something cheaper online now that I know it works. I'm disappointed with the 2d visual quality and 3d rendering precision on it anyway. Still getting some seaming (little whiter dotted lines between textures) with it just like I do with TNT.
Do you think the fact that this AGP 2.0 card works in my AGP 1.0 board is a fair indication that others will too? I think I might wanna try out a Radeon 7500 before commiting though.

Ok, a couple more things: I'm getting about 3500 in 3dmark2001 with this card. Does it sound about right? Also I noticed screen tearing while running the test, like it would happen with TNT if v-sync was disabled. I tried enabling/disaling v-sync but tearing persists. I find it annoying. I also noticed it on my friend's mx400. Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited:
Back