• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up RAID0 on P5B-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blakehenry00

I need help setting up Raid0 on my P5B-deluxe, I get the array set up but when I go to install XP all I get is a BSoD. It says to check my hard drive or hard drive controller. AFAIK this board has two controllers on it. Also I do not have the CD so links for the correct drivers would be very helpful (all of the ones I have tried have failed).

Last edited:
Drives are set to RAID 0, I am just confused on which ports are the Intel, and which are the JMicron ones....

And I think that is my problem, I will try again now and post back with the results.

may have to dl the manual to see what ports are what
Rich

I cuncur. Once you know which ports the hdd's are connected to, d/l the Raid Drivers on a floppy disk. Once you got the raid config setup, reboot off the windows CD, then follow the prompts til you get the F6. It will then ask you for the Raid Drivers from the floppy disk.

Hmm, did you check "IDE Configuration" in the main bios page? As I remember part of the Raid setup was in the IDE Config section. i think that's where it is, I might be wrong. Looking at a bios pic from a review site. Should Enable/Disable Raid.

*Edit*

Looking at Asus's D/L section, it appears the JMicron JMB36X is the board's Raid controller. You'll need this driver to get the Raid to function. Also D/L the manual as you're going to need it as well.

Last edited:
if you're going to be booting off the array, you'll also have to set the array as the boot device. That has to be done after the array is configured, but before the OS is installed.

Whenever I install the drivers for the array, this happens for both intel and the JMicron, I get this error.

File iaStor.sys caused an unexpected error (4113) at line 2108 d:\xpsp1\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

Press any key to continue.

I have also tried two different XP disks.

Forget about Jmicron. Disable Jmicron in the BIOS unless you need IDE for your optical drives or older IDE HDD's.

The group of 6 sata ports together on the mobo are all Intel ICHxR. The lone sata port, the esata port, and the IDE port are all Jmicron.

What version is your XP disk? SP1, SP2, SP3? I'd recommend slip streaming if you haven't done so already. You can use nlite to do this. You can also integrate the RAID drivers using nlite.

Here is the drivers you'll need for ICHxR.

#1 is the Matrix driver which gets installed after you get Windows installed and running. Below that (#2) is the floppy creator which you'll need to create the F6 floppy, or extract the drivers so that you can integrate the drivers using nlite.

1. Set Sata mode to RAID (choices should be IDE, AHCI, and RAID).

2. Reboot, and press cntl-I during boot until the Matrix console pops up. From the console set up your RAID array(s).

3. Reboot, and run off your XP disk, making sure to press F6 if you're going to use the floppy. *If you integrate the drivers make sure you don't have a floppy in the drive as XP will get confused.

4. Select the correct ICHxR from the list if you used the floppy, and continue installing Windows. You should be able to see the arrays you created when you get to the drive selection screen to choose where to install Windows.

Let me know if this doesn't work.

Forget about Jmicron. Disable Jmicron in the BIOS unless you need IDE for your optical drives or older IDE HDD's.

The group of 6 sata ports together on the mobo are all Intel ICHxR. The lone sata port, the esata port, and the IDE port are all Jmicron.

What version is your XP disk? SP1, SP2, SP3? I'd recommend slip streaming if you haven't done so already. You can use nlite to do this. You can also integrate the RAID drivers using nlite.

Here is the drivers you'll need for ICHxR.

#1 is the Matrix driver which gets installed after you get Windows installed and running. Below that (#2) is the floppy creator which you'll need to create the F6 floppy, or extract the drivers so that you can integrate the drivers using nlite.

1. Set Sata mode to RAID (choices should be IDE, AHCI, and RAID).

2. Reboot, and press cntl-I during boot until the Matrix console pops up. From the console set up your RAID array(s).

3. Reboot, and run off your XP disk, making sure to press F6 if you're going to use the floppy. *If you integrate the drivers make sure you don't have a floppy in the drive as XP will get confused.

4. Select the correct ICHxR from the list if you used the floppy, and continue installing Windows. You should be able to see the arrays you created when you get to the drive selection screen to choose where to install Windows.

Let me know if this doesn't work.

This worked perfectly! I guess I was using the wrong drivers, Thank you so much! :santa:

Back