• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what does this wire do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XPogiGTIVR6X

hey, I was wondering what does that Black Wire doing, going from PS to PS??
photo1.jpg

</~~~ post 69!! hahahaha......

Last edited:
'S a redundant PSU. Usually used in servers, or other systems where there are many, many drives or other power requiring devices. It's just like how some powersupplies have a pass-thru port to power the monitor, this has a pass-thru port to power the other power supply so they can both get power with only one wall cord.

Wa11y said:
'S a redundant PSU. Usually used in servers, or other systems where there are many, many drives or other power requiring devices. It's just like how some powersupplies have a pass-thru port to power the monitor, this has a pass-thru port to power the other power supply so they can both get power with only one wall cord.

Bingo.
Is that an AT computer?

It doesn't have to be a redundant PSU, actually it doesn't look like it is, cuz they would probably look the same.

I think they modded the case just like I did:)

KILLorBE said:
It doesn't have to be a redundant PSU, actually it doesn't look like it is, cuz they would probably look the same.

I think they modded the case just like I did:)

True, it could just be a double PSU setup, like for peltiers.

I've just normally seen that in servers, but the case is nowhere near big enough for a server.

I think it's just a dual PSU Setup if it was a redundant PS system the power cord would not go to either PSU, it would go to a nuetral point and they would both plug into it. Kind of like a Removable Hard drive cage. Those cables were very specialized alot of time you cannot find them they became very popular with the Old school AT Cases which then would use the pass through to power a monitor. Doing what they have done with it was rather ingenius IMHO hmmmm... one of these I will start some of my projects I want to get done. LOL

J

Back