• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5Q SE Decent Enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boomer0909

$105 @ the egg

I don't need crossfire or SLI just want to get either my 8500 to 4.0+ or my Q6600 to 3.2.

Decent enough value board?

Thoughts/Ramblings?

And which is the better match for the board 8500 or Q6600 (I have both so need to argue dual vs quad)

Thanks in advance for the help!

doesnt seem to bad but for $5 more i would prolly get this board
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131322
even though its P43 it packs a 8phase pwm so ocing quads would be easier. really a tough call though as to which cpu to use in the board. both with oc fine but its a matter of do you do alot of AV encoding? if not then i would stick with the E8500 in the P43.

The thought is to just not have a q6600 sitting in a box in my basement and fsb wall for my 680i lt is 1557 (389.47*4) or 3.7GHz on the 8500 which is just down right sad the quad wont clock on it either i've actually starting leaning towards picking up a pair of P5Q-Pros and getting them both off the lump of S*** that is my 680

there only ~130 and people in the forum seem to love them, the masses can not be wrong can they :-/ ?

i have been eyeing the P5Q-pro but for keeping things cheap i would go with one i posted. if you can spend more then by all means get the P5q-pro...

Back