• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage is jumping around. big problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

hi all, P5E flashed to a Rampage Formula, performing good as, but one problem

my voltage (when set to 1.35000v in BIOS will jump around according to CPU-Z reading. it can jump to and fro between 1.344 and 1.336 in a matter of seconds.

this may be becuase of loadline calibration, which is enabled.
but when the voltage is set to 1.36250v in BIOS, i hvae no vdroop at all, cos it's the same voltage during idle and load state, no matter how long i run Prime95

so it's only when i revert to a lower voltage, i get the voltage jumping around.
is this a big problem, or is it one of those "meh" or "CBF" things?

also, any ideas or solutions to this?

thanks.

As far as I know they all do that unless they have been modded.
Mine moves from 1.22V - 1.24V.
In bios it is set on 1.275V running at 3.0ghz

hi all, P5E flashed to a Rampage Formula, performing good as, but one problem

my voltage (when set to 1.35000v in BIOS will jump around according to CPU-Z reading. it can jump to and fro between 1.344 and 1.336 in a matter of seconds.
a 0.008 v variation is pretty regular nothing to worries about .
this may be because of load line calibration, which is enabled.
No loadline calibration enable to stabilise the vcore between the idle and load so leave it enabled , if u disable it u will see a huge of drop between idle and load from 0.02v and above .
but when the voltage is set to 1.36250v in BIOS, i hvae no vdroop at all, cos it's the same voltage during idle and load state, no matter how long i run Prime95

so it's only when i revert to a lower voltage, i get the voltage jumping around.
is this a big problem, or is it one of those "meh" or "CBF" things?

Do your PSU come with all power connector ? . did u plug all the power connector to the motherboard in order to enable all phases , In any case u should be more than huppy with such vcore jump (thanks to asus load line calibration) , most other motherboard have a huge of drop between idle and load 0.02 v and above

Hope this help

Back