• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus shows 1st X58 board - The P6T Deluxe (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

Some pictures have shown up of Asus's P6T Deluxe X58 board (thats Socket 1366 for the up and coming Core i7 Nehalem chips incase you didn't know) ..

PCGH_Asus_P6T_Deluxe_X58.jpg

That's the only pic I'll link here but if you want to check out the rest, you can find them on PCGH .. Check out the 6x DDR3 slots for Tri-Channel RAM as well as 3x PCI-E slots. From their config I'd hazard a guess that the top and bottom are 16x (possibley 2.0) and the 2nd slot down is 8x to fit a GPU for physics processing .. The other thing that draws my eye is the beefy power phase system around the CPU socket and that the new socket is slightly rectangular (which I hadn't realised) ..

This showed up @ IDF so if anyone else finds pics/news/info from there post it up .. :beer:

whooooooaaa. how many RAM slots do they want lol.
hardware is just about to get even more exciting :)

EDIT:
on my board, it's 2 phase RAM, but i see 3 of the same power block units (sorry for bad explanation, i dunno what thye're called)

does that mean 3 phase for RAM as well?

Lets just hope the extra cost of 3 or 6 dimms over 2 or 4 is worth the bandwidth increase .. DDR3 bandwidth is already pretty dam insane so it'll be interesting to see how much of an increase you get at speeds like 1333MHz compared to 2000Mhz ..

From the looks of it yeh 3-phase for the RAM ..

If intel used 3 high speed RAMs and put it in tri-channel, it can only mean the new chips have insane fsb. At least that's my fairytale dream...

Holy purple taqutios batman!!!!!!! that thing is sexy!!!! lets hope it and the new intel chips lives up to the expectations.

are future processors going to drop the multiplier while increasing the FSB?
so 3GHz may no longer be 8x475 but 4x750? same speed, but different approach kinda.
that would be cool. 750mhz FSB.
or whatever the Nehalems are gonna be.

I read at xtremesystems that this board is also hybrid...can do crossfireX and 3way-Sli...

Will be interesting to say the least

@Anubis... yea one thing for certain is we have to get new back plates and hold down mechanisms for our pots and HSFs on the new socket since the dimensions changed due to the larger area required for i7...:beer:

:image from xtremesystems:

Attachments

• Asus_SLI_Crossfire_board_presentation.jpg
    Asus_SLI_Crossfire_board_presentation.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,889
Last edited:
Mmmm, Looks like I'll have no choice but to start working. Shootin for a new system upgrade will be a challenge and a treat :drool:

Pics/Info of another X58 board have appeared over @ TweakTown .. (Soz for the pic's size)

news_tpe-gigabytex58-aug08-012l.png

This just seems pretty stupid really .. How hard is it to get all full 16x PCI-E 2.0 slots, I would have that'd been a must with cards like the 4870X2 out ..

X58 Extreme will have four PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots but there is a bit of a story to tell here. The PCI-E slots are paired in groups of two – if you use just the two blue x16 slots (one from each group), they will operate electronically at x16. If you use one x16 and one orange x16 slot in the same group, each will operate at x8 electronically. If you use all four x16 slots, they will all operate electronically at x8. The top two PCI-E x4 slots always run at x4 electronically, no matter what type of setup is in use.

@anubis... yea one thing for certain is we have to get new back plates and hold down mechanisms for our pots and HSFs on the new socket since the dimensions changed due to the larger area required for i7...:beer:

Indeed, I expect Vince will have a Core i7 mounting kit for his pots ready around launch (well I hope so anyway) .. Although an entirely new pot might need to be designed to completely maximise cooling seeing as the IHS is now bigger ..

Indeed, I expect Vince will have a Core i7 mounting kit for his pots ready around launch (well I hope so anyway) .. Although an entirely new pot might need to be designed to completely maximise cooling seeing as the IHS is now bigger ..

The physical size at the base of the F1 Extreme Edtition will cover the IHS of the i7 I believe but you may be correct...

Lousy place to mount the SATA ports on that Gigabyte board. Also mounting that floppy connector way down under the last PCI slot is a waste.

Lousy place to mount the SATA ports on that Gigabyte board. Also mounting that floppy connector way down under the last PCI slot is a waste.

ah..yea like what is a floppy anyway...are they still around?

If intel used 3 high speed RAMs and put it in tri-channel, it can only mean the new chips have insane fsb. At least that's my fairytale dream...

Rich'[ard said:
]are future processors going to drop the multiplier while increasing the FSB?
so 3GHz may no longer be 8x475 but 4x750? same speed, but different approach kinda.
that would be cool. 750mhz FSB.
or whatever the Nehalems are gonna be.

Looks like you guys haven't been keeping up :beer:

Nehalem is Intel's first chip with an integrated memory controller -- meaning no more FSB, it's a direct shot from processor to ram and back. Memory bandwidth at "base" speeds has increased like fourfold because of this...

Bloomfield will probably have a default multiplier of 20-24x. The reference clock is 133mhz.

http://www.nehalemnews.com/2008/05/editorial-nehalem-clock-power-domains.html (there are better reviews, can't be bothered to find them)

SATA & floppy connections are almost exactly the same on the Asus board. I don't see the problem w/ the floppy connection. The position sucks but it's least used, so it makes sense. They keep it for those who really need it. Customers would jump to another brand if one of them cut the floppy.

So there isn't a standard NB on these new mobo's right? or is there still a chipset connecting the GPU to the CPU?

That asus board looks really cool with it's "handheld OC device" I wonder how it will be implimented & what it will allow manual control of (Multi & QP freq?). You can supposedly OC in the middle of bench on the fly.

Also pretty cool are their claims regarding the RAID contoller improvements.

Here is a good article
http://www.custompc.co.uk/news/604671/asus-reveals-matrix-graphics-cards-and-nehalem-board.html#

EDIT: How much will this cost? $300 - 500?

Thats alot of ram slots....... geez

Im building a new computer and I am currently debating on going with DDR2 or going with DDR3?????? Bah!

Wow those are going to be expensive.

The Asus Matrix graphics cards actually looked cooler in that article. First graphics cards with OS support to tweak their voltage. Jason is going to be out of work! :D

Thats alot of ram slots....... geez

Im building a new computer and I am currently debating on going with DDR2 or going with DDR3?????? Bah!

IMO, unless you are under a tight budget I'd jsut wait for for i7. The rig might cost ~$500 more, but then you wont have to junk half your parts if you wanna upgrade in a year or 2.

Just my 2c.

Back