• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max voltage on a P35

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

What is the max voltage that should be applied to a P35 with aftermarket cooling. I currently have it at 1.41V, but still failing blend, but passing Small FFT's for 14 hours and still stable

It's not a question of voltage, but a question of ram stability at that point. have you run memtest? At 4.2Ghz I'm stable with small ffts as well but my ram prevents blend stability.

Um.....I really don't tbh, but my system has run problem free for a few months now with the exact same scenario. I want to upgrade to faster ram and get a real 100% stable, but I haven't ben able to find the time or extra money yet. I would say for a while, at least, you should be fine. Not 100%, or advisable, but ok nonetheless.

Edit - As a matter of fact, we have the exact same ram to boot ;)

I've tested up to the max for NB volts on my mobo w/ stock cooling. Nothing over 1.8v helped on my 65nm quads. I wouldn't be afraid to try 1.55v or even 1.7v (especially w/ good aftermarket cooling), but the 2 45nm CPU's I've tried in this board do not like high NB voltage at all. In fact the chip I have now doesn't like anything over the min setting of 1.25v.

I like to run:

P95 small fft overnight or longer

memtest for at least 2 passes

OCCT2.0 custom 2hr RAM test

If I can get through all that I'm pretty good. If I still have random BSOD's later I drop the FSB a tick or 2.

Ok, for farts and giggles I upped my cpu voltage, and i took my southbridge and everyother setting off of AUTO to see if that will help, seems good so far

Good news, ran for 8 hours 21 minutes. Now to find out why it lasted so long this time. I don't understand how it could be the processor being it passes Small FFT's just fine, so I'll lower that and check my results

Back