• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p5q pro or Biostar i45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNeedle

I'm shopping for a little upgrade and buying a motherboard proves to be really difficult. I'm trying to keep it cheap :p

SO I'd like to know your opinions on which board would be better.

Biostar Tpower I45 150$
Specs:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-power/content.php?S_ID=365

or

Asus p5q pro 140$
specs:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...83-asus-p5q-pro-p45-motherboard-review-2.html

I'm gonna be using an intel quad q6600 and my ram is going to be OCZ Platinum XTC PC2-8000 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1000 CL5-5-5-18 DDR2 (100$ ish)

If you know of a better motherboard that works with a q6600 and overclocks well or better good ram at a good price let me know.

Thank you in advance for any replies :)

I've had great luck with Abit IP35-E or -Pro's with quads. If it were between those two choices though I'd pick the Asus.

I keep on seeing people suggesting the p5q pro to others everywhere. However, I read great things about the biostar I45.

Im gonna look up the IP35-E too, just in case its awsome :)

I keep on seeing people suggesting the p5q pro to others everywhere. However, I read great things about the biostar I45.

Im gonna look up the IP35-E too, just in case its awsome :)

I'm chugging along at 400x9 (3.6ghz) on my Q6600. My friend was having mobo problems so I grabbed him the IP35-Pro XE and he's been running his E8400 stable @ 4ghz ever since.

Sounds great!

I can't find the IP35-E in the sites i wanna buy from, I find the ip35v.

I'm Canadian so I can't buy from newegg :(

But what do you folks think about the I45 vs the p5q?

Last edited:
i have an i45 right now with a quad and havent had much luck. i havent had much time to play with it yet so i could just be me. not sure what phase power the pro is but i know the biostar is 4 phase which i have been told may be my problem. im gonna play with mine more this weekend and if i dont have any luck im going to get a p5q deluxe and see if 16phase power does anything for me.

i have an i45 right now with a quad and havent had much luck. i havent had much time to play with it yet so i could just be me. not sure what phase power the pro is but i know the biostar is 4 phase which i have been told may be my problem. im gonna play with mine more this weekend and if i dont have any luck im going to get a p5q deluxe and see if 16phase power does anything for me.

I too have heard this. The 4 phase power does wonders for OCing duals, but for quads I think more would be required to handle all that power.

Back