• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga 790i Ultra SLI giving me fits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukee

I have been trying to OC this last night for over 3 hours and nothing.

I am trying to OC an E8400. Trying to see how high I can get it, but I can settle for 3.6. As far as cooling, I have a Big Typhoon VX which has been fine.

I OCed the processor to 4.05, 3.82, 3.9 and temps were under 61C while running Prime95(for whatever short period it was before it either froze or BSOD)

I tried unlinking the memory, running the FSB at 1600 - 1778 and the memory at 1067 and after about 1-10 mins of Prime 95 it either locks up or BSOD. I left everything on auto. Then I tried setting the Vcore to 1.4, and the other voltages to their highest "green" status.

I was at their forums and some people who had a stable 3.9 and 4.0 run gave their settings. I used it as a guide and then adjusted some volts and still nothing.

I am to the point of just fricken selling this board cheap on Ebay and buying something that OCs well.

Is this the worst fricken board for OCing or what?

I have been trying to OC this last night for over 3 hours and nothing.

I am trying to OC an E8400. Trying to see how high I can get it, but I can settle for 3.6. As far as cooling, I have a Big Typhoon VX which has been fine.

I OCed the processor to 4.05, 3.82, 3.9 and temps were under 61C while running Prime95(for whatever short period it was before it either froze or BSOD)

I tried unlinking the memory, running the FSB at 1600 - 1778 and the memory at 1067 and after about 1-10 mins of Prime 95 it either locks up or BSOD. I left everything on auto. Then I tried setting the Vcore to 1.4, and the other voltages to their highest "green" status.

I was at their forums and some people who had a stable 3.9 and 4.0 run gave their settings. I used it as a guide and then adjusted some volts and still nothing.

I am to the point of just fricken selling this board cheap on Ebay and buying something that OCs well.

Is this the worst fricken board for OCing or what?

Have you flashed to P06? It seems to have helped several folks with overclockability with the exception of yours truly. Can't get passed 3.4 for the life of me, but im content with a 25% overclock.... :beer:

Hmm.. I did flash it before, just can't remember what I flashed it to. It might be P05. I'll have to check when I get home.

Back