• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage Formula price jump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alien432

Tech Savvy Member
I'm getting ready to buy this board and I have noticed that Newegg had this board at $269 for the longest time and always had stock. Price is now $299 and not stock. I checked several other retailers and same thing there but some had stock for a higher price. I would have guessed since the extreme is out now for $399. that the price would have dropped but it hasn't. Can anyone offer ideas why this is happening? With X58 just around the corner should I wait for prices to fall? Your thoughts. :bang head

I was literally about to hit checkout, until it became out of stock all of a sudden
:(

If you're patient, the prices will eventually come down. If you gotta have it right now, then the retailers will gouge you good on the price for the privilege of early acquisition bragging rights. Especially when the supply (stock availability) is low and the demand is relatively high.

They want to maximize their profits like any business so this isn't some evil conspiracy or even greed. It's just good business practice. If it didn't work, they wouldn't do it.

It looks like they still had one left. I was able to grab one and it showed out of stock as soon as i hit checkout :confused:

If you're patient, the prices will eventually come down. If you gotta have it right now, then the retailers will gouge you good on the price for the privilege of early acquisition bragging rights. Especially when the supply (stock availability) is low and the demand is relatively high.

They want to maximize their profits like any business so this isn't some evil conspiracy or even greed. It's just good business practice. If it didn't work, they wouldn't do it.

It isn't early Acquisition. The Formula has been out for a good time now.

It isn't early Acquisition. The Formula has been out for a good time now.
Low supply + higher demand = higher prices then.

I'm looking at a $140 Asus P45 for my HTPC/GPU2 FAH build.

My next desktop high-end build will be around a i7 quad.

Those boards will be priced at a premium and so will the RAM. I'll wait until after the initial short supplies and buying rush subsides.

Good luck in getting your Rampage Formula and I hope you get a decent price too.

Back