• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rampage formula vs maximus ii formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beast53

Registered
I promise this will be my last thread for my build.
which is better for a q9550 and why?
thanks

anyone? someone help me decide so i can finally get this over with!

anyone? someone help me decide so i can finally get this over with!

depends only on what you want to do with graphics. Besides that they're basically equal. The P45 might clock just a tad bit better, but nothing noticeable. I squeezed a few more FSB mhz out, when i went from my maximus formula (X38) as opposed to my P5Q-E (P45), but again thats the X38. The X48 will do better.

Many people are reporting higher achievable FSB w/ 45nm quads on P45.

This is why I want a P45 so bad. I'm stuck just under 4GHz w/ my Q9550, and I know it has so much more in it, b/c it's stable at 3.944GHz 1.208v.

I would recommend the P45 unless you need two x 16 PCI-e slots for x-fire high end 4870X2's. I'm running my Q9550 on a Asus P5Q Deluxe at 3.91 Ghz and 1.34 v 24/7 without issues.

The Rampage is a great board but is might hit an FSB wall....I'm about to flash my P5E to a Rampage bios and will try the Q9550 on it

I have read the Rampage/Hacked Maximus Formula has not done well with 45nm Quads. My Q9450 has been able to surpass 470 FSB, but I have not done testing on my MRF. This upcoming week I will be doing some more tests and share my thoughts. :beer:

I have read the Rampage/Hacked Maximus Formula has not done well with 45nm Quads. My Q9450 has been able to surpass 470 FSB, but I have not done testing on my MRF. This upcoming week I will be doing some more tests and share my thoughts. :beer:

are you talking about the x38 maximus formula or the p45 maximus II formula?

I would recommend the P45 unless you need two x 16 PCI-e slots for x-fire high end 4870X2's. I'm running my Q9550 on a Asus P5Q Deluxe at 3.91 Ghz and 1.34 v 24/7 without issues.

The Rampage is a great board but is might hit an FSB wall....I'm about to flash my P5E to a Rampage bios and will try the Q9550 on it

Where are your benchmarks?

Back