• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest CPU for Abit BX6 V.2 ... Please HELP!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Z0RR0

I have an Abit BX6 V.2 with a Celeron 300A clocked to 450. I downloaded the latest bios from Abit's website, it will support up to PIII 700/ 100 FSB, the fastest CPU available at the time the bios was released (May 2000). Can I install a faster PIII? Will the motherboard recognize a higher multiplayer and the CPU's voltage? I'm not talking about overclocking... yet.. I'm just talking about buying the fastest slot 1 PIII/100 FSB, and set the bios soft menu to CPU's default. Will it work? Thank you

700 is the maximum for either Celeron or Pentium III.

The only way to get above that is using a slotket and a Socket 370 CPU chip to put in the slotket(Also known as a converter from Slot 1 to Socket 370) and from there guessing your lastest bios update has a 12x multiplier it will support up to 1.1 Gig P3 or Celeron with the Slotket.

Yodums

My 1000E runs fine at 1380mhz. Voltage was detected correctly. Altho the highest multiplier in the QR bios is 9, it is running along fine at 10x138.

It's not about what multiplier is supported in your BIOS! If she supports the Coppermine microcode, which she does cuz a PIII700 is listed; The maximum for your board would be a PIII1100, a Celeron 1100. The Powerleap slotket with 1200 Tualatin-Celeron might also be an option.

Back