• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP45-DS3R + E8400 Bios/OC issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sunburn74

Hi guys!

I had an Asus p5k that was giving me trouble. It worked fine but was extremely noisy so I replaced it with a GA-EP45-DS3R since I'm normally more comfy with gigabyte boards anyway.

I had an e8400 that I ran comfortably at about 4ghz with my asus board, but now with this P45 board I can't seem to get more than 300 mhz out of it. I'm absolutely stumped.

What worse is the bios gives a great deal of options to play with, many of which I have no idea what they do. I'm running the F9 bios option for this board if you're wondering.

So if anyone can help with recommended bios settings and tweaks for this particularl chipset or board, I'd greatly appreciate it. You guys have always helped greatly before and I hope you'll come through in the clutch again!!!

Probably the fastest way for you guys to glance at all my basic settings.

capture1ep2.jpg

capture2ot5.jpg

capture3yk5.jpg

Hi. An update. I found that setting the ram multiplier to 2x instead of an auto setting finally gets this board to behave. Right now I have it at 445x9 and know there's about 200-300 mhz of headroom left on the chip but I'm trying to lower a few voltages and get a decent level of stability so I can actually use my PC for a bit.

Current settings in case anyone is wondering
capturelb7.jpg

Right now just working on minimizing temps and voltages. I ran orthos for 40 mins without a hitch at the mch of 1.34 with temps in the upper 50s. I decided that was enough for a bit and will try to see what features really matter and which don't. So I'm dropped the mch to 1.1 the default and its still running fine with temps in the 50-51 range.

Last edited:
Back