• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L -separated FSB and FSB/RAM speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermodynamic

Is it possible that I could overclock my Q6600 CPU with a 425MHz bus, while keeping the RAM using a 333MHz bus?

If it's possible but not available for the DS3L, is there a board that would do it?

Or is that impossible for any system board?

No no go intel chipset lowest ratio is 1:1 if your FSB is @ 425 Mhz then your memory will run @ 425 mhz (or above) ,
yes NVIDIA chipset can do it .BUt it is better to stick with your current motherboard and buy a new ram .
NVIDIA chipset has many issue while intel overclock a lot better
Hope this help .

Intel boards don't that.

Pretty much majority of pc6400 clocks easily to 450mhz, and 1;1 is good enough ratio.

Intel boards don't that.

Pretty much majority of pc6400 clocks easily to 450mhz, and 1;1 is good enough ratio.

I've gotten my RAM (Crucial DDR2-800 @ 4-4-4-12, 2.1v native speed) to run at DDR2-1000 (5-5-5-15) - at SPD 2, 2.4, and 3.0.

What's the chance my mobo, a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, can also run at 500MHz? Setting my SLACR Q6600 down to 6x, I'd achieve 3GHz (@ 1:1 ) that route... seems a tall order, but my interest is definitely piqued...

I hadn't tried that high a fsb on my DS3L with the Q6600 installed because there was no need to get it that high. I run it at 400 X 9 and keep my ram at 1:1 and 4-4-4-12 timings, just like it's rated for.

I hadn't tried that high a fsb on my DS3L with the Q6600 installed because there was no need to get it that high. I run it at 400 X 9 and keep my ram at 1:1 and 4-4-4-12 timings, just like it's rated for.

I'd love to do that, running 3.6GHz, as even my cooler will likely allow me to get away with it... but even at using the BIOS-set voltage of 1.50, the system freezes shortly after bootup. For this I know I've got vDrop going on, and don't want to boot with 1.55 or 1.6v :)eek:) just to see post-boot voltage down to 1.41v.

Right now I'm doing 8x404mhz FSB, running stable...

Back