• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard or CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KVWire

My p4c800-e Deluxe system died. It will no longer post. I've switched out the RAM and vid card. I unhooked everything from the board but the CPU, RAM and vid card. Still no post. I removed the motherboard and cleaned it and re-attached the CPU, RAM, and vid card. Still no post. How can I tell if the problem is a dead motherboard or CPU?

Thanks.
KV

1) Check for any burnt marks (CPU pins, motherboard PSU etc.)
2) Remove all but 1 RAM as well as the GPU. You should have an on board video card.

I am suspecting the PSU to be faulty. What PSU do you have?

I'll take the CPU out and look for marks and try with one RAM stick. The PSU is an Antec 430. I switched out the PSU, without success, but will try the original Antec PSU in my AMD machine just to make sure. Thanks for the ideas.

KV

The Antec PSU is working fine on my AMD machine. When I remove the CPU from the mobo and power up I don't get any beeps. Should I be getting some warning from the mobo?

I don't have onboard video on the P4C800-e. I tried the one stick of RAM. Without the RAM I get beeps. Without the video card I don't get any beeps.

KV

Back