• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q-E Biose problem(CPU Ratio setting does not appear)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t6nnnu

Registered
i've already discussed this in another thread, but i just hoped to get more ppl to pay they're attention to the title or sth :)

I bought a P5Q-E a little less than a week ago. when i try to OC it, there is no "cpu ratio setting" option in the bios AI tweaker menu. Also i cannot enable this option in the advanced>cpu menu, because, there is no such option to enable cpu multiplier setting. putting this the easy way: i cannot change the cpu multiplier and neither can i enable the option, to change it. these options JUST DONT APPEAR in the menus, where the user guide of my mobo says, that they should appear.

CPU: Intel pentium 4 550(3.4 Ghz in stock), VGA: Geforce 8800 GTS, Memory: 2x2GB 800Mhz Corsairs

any great ideas?

I think I may have replied in another thread of yours however, I think you need to disble all the c1e stuff for it to show up.

Larry

i cant remember to have created any more topics in this forum...

under what name and under what menu exactly can i find the c1e stuff do disable?

i cant remember to have created any more topics in this forum...

under what name and under what menu exactly can i find the c1e stuff do disable?

May have been on a different forum? I belong to many.. anyhow,its in the Advanced section in Cpu Configuration :)

Larry

that rly might be. :)

well under my Advanced>cpu menu there only are 3 options:
Max CPUID Value Limit
CPU TM Function
Hyper Threading Technology

any of those maybe (A)

bump. got an answer from asus that told me to clear CMOS. i have done that before... no help.

Hey, I've got a P5Q Deluxe and an E8500 cpu with the same problem.
I've disabled C1E and such things in bios and set the "AI Overclock Tuner" to Manual.
There is simply NO setting for the CPU Ratio in either of the menus.
I've tried with another P5Q Deluxe board, but with the same result.

You have a multiplier locked Pentium 4. You cannot change it's multiplier.

crazzir, your issue is different. Most likely a CMOS clear should solve it.

You have a multiplier locked Pentium 4. You cannot change it's multiplier.

crazzir, your issue is different. Most likely a CMOS clear should solve it.

I've tried clearing CMOS already. It didn't help. I'm out of ideas, feels like it has to do with the CPU.

Thanks for your answer tho. :)

Back