• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xfx 790 ultra help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xdavie

hi guys this is my first build, and im a complete newb and its all going way over my head :( :bang head:bang head ive built my cpu with the xfx 790i ultra, q9650 extreme processor, bfg geforce 280 graphics card and OCZ 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Intel® Extreme Edition (2x2GB) Dual Channel OCZ3X16004GK. with vista home pre 64 bit .. and its all stuck inside a antec 190.......
the thing is my memory is only runing at 1332mhz not the 1600-1777 it says it can do on the tin.... so i believe i need to overclock, so im after some help.. WITH PICS WOULD BE GOOD lol.. i managed to sort the voltage problem out but like i said im a complete newb.. any help would be much appreciated.. MANY THANKS dave

Last edited:
First, :welcome: to the forums. Glad to have you join us!

To be able to set your memory to its proper settings, you need to unlink the memory. See page 55 of your manual. That should get you started and allow you to change the memory settings.

Once the memory is set in this manner you can overclock the CPU without further worry about the memory (its settings won't change). :beer:

hiya :) many thanks for the help with the ram it worked fine.l increased the voltage to 1.75 while i was at it.. no doubt il be after help with the oc soon enough... 1ce again thanks. its been doing my head in for days..lol..

Back