• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard suggestion for my new rig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamita

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a recommendation on a good Motherboard, it is the one part of my build I'm least sure on. My build is as follows.

Intel E8400
WD 500gb cavier HDD X2
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
Antec 900
Corsair 640 PSU
I plan on putting in a 4870 512mb.

So the details are that I'm willing to spend anywhere from roughly 150-230$ for the Mobo, I'm looking to overclock everything I can but very cautiously. It doesn't have to be crossfire-able in the future I don't need to play everything at the highest resolution, but I do have a 24 inch Soyo Monitor.

I will go with the most recommended product. Thank you for your time.:confused:

Personally...I would wait a few more weeks or month and let the Rampage Formula drop in price...it should be within 20.00 or so of your budget here soon...

Also...a 24" monitor running at say 1600x can still benifit from CF...so dont rule out CF just because you think it only helps out at high resl.

going from single 3870 to Tri-Fire (see sig)..I was able to run high settings at well over 40FPS on Crysis...on the single...med. settings with just over 14FPS...these are at 1440x900 widescreen settings...so there is more to CF when it comes to gaming then what you are thinking :)

Looks like a good board, I like the reviews and I would love to do xfire down the road when boards come down in price. I might even have to wait a few weeks to get the mobo but if anyone has any similar boards for a little less.

Back