• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TPower I45 + Q9400 = 4.0ghz stability issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automiketic

alright i have all my bios screen settings in this thread. it runs occt stable on mix for an hour. passed a 32m pi calc. under load in small ffts it runs around 60c. crashed about 30mins into the test. before i go switching everything just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. heres my latest result:

Nice OC on that quad, your FSB voltage is a bit high for 24/7....nonetheless that is a great OC, well done:beer:

Nice clock..

I have a Q, the biostar has 2 pci-express slots yea? So I can put 2 4870's in correct?

Sorry for the off-topic! Hopefully you do not mind!

no problem bout the off topic. yes it does have 2 pci slots although most people reccommend and x48 board for crossifire, but its been a big debates. i am really liking this board it clocks like a champ as soon as you figure out the ram. there is 4 settings for different ram. seems each ram needs a different setting. trial and error but like i said only 4 choices.

it seems my ram or my n.b is holding me back from stability. occt fails during ram test within the first 10 mins. i have tried upping the volts and lowering them on both the n/b and the fsb, with no positive results thus far. i did change my rcom config to 3 and that got me an extra 4mins of test time. any suggestions welcome

Have you tried DDR2 RCOMP: configuration 2 yet? I started out running with "auto" at first but I had trouble with my OCZ Reaper PC2-9200 and I found it helped with my MemTest errors and stability. I'm now trying config. 3 after reading Ace-A-Rue's thread at XtremeSystems Forums. I have downloaded MemSet 3.5 to see If I could find any differences in RCOMPS and I noticed Config 3 defaults to Performance Level 8 while Config 2 has Performance Level set to 9/10. I would sure like to know more about these RCOMP settings.

yeah i have tried all 4 configs to no avail. left memtest running all night and had no errors so i know the ram can handle it. it has to be n/b volts and fsb volts. im off to work now so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

my northbridge is cooled i have the coolerharbor 60mm fan that came with the mobo blowing directly on to it and my ram. the n/b is only hit 33-34C under load so i dont think its heat issues.

well i finally succeeded. after playing with just about everything i realized under ram settings i still had on thing on auto which was static tread. turns out this is my pl setting. set that to 10 and kicked my ref down from 50 to 42 and voila. ran stable for almost 3hrs in prime, passed a 32m pi calc, and both cpu and ram test in occt for 2hrs. i plan to run prime on small ffts tonight overnight to be sure she is stable. load temps never passed 56c on the cpu and 35c on the n/b. think my volts are ok for 24/7? heres the screenshot.:

got my rig at 3.8 and 24/7 stable cant get into 4.0 could you post youre bios settings again pls so i can see what youre settings are

Back