• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting a single GPU on bottom socket of P35

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

I know that the P35 is 16x, 4x when in crossfire mode, but what would happen if I lowered my HD4870 to my bottom PCI-E slot would I get 16x
I ask because right now, my radiator is sucking the hot air from my GPU and warming up my CPU. Also I can't plug in my second monitor
Thanks in advanced

honastly dont know, i would assume x16 since your not running CF. though x4 could be by design to that slot. give it a try and find out?

i know on my biostar board it wont even work in the second slot unless there is one in the first slot and your running crossfire. could be my chipset p45 or just my mobo not sure.

I believe you get 8X in xfire in the second slot but using it as your primary slot you will only get 4x, if in fact it will work at all.:bang head
May be wrong. I hope so for your sake.:)

I always though the second slot was 16x physical length but only electrically 4x. SO if my understadning is correct, anything int here will always operate at a 4x speed.

4x FTL:(
that sucks terribly, but I am checking the temp of my cpu under load and it didn't make much of a change any way.

Back