• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Health status vs BIOS settings - which is right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermodynamic

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard, without any pencil mods.

In the BIOS setup, I will use RAM Voltage setting +0.3v so my RAM is given 2.1v.

In the PC Health Status section of the BIOS, it reads 2.01v.

Which is correct?

If I changed the voltage setting to 0.5v, I'd reckon I'd get to somewhere between 2.1 and 2.2v in the PC Health Status section. But would that mean the RAM is getting 2.1v, or getting 2.3v and drooping a couple along the way?

Ditto for the CPU; in the BIOS I have it set to 1.40v, yet the PC Health screen reads 1.36v.

Note: After bootup, Everest reads 1.33v for the CPU... and 2.02v for the RAM. To me, this suggests vdroop for the voltage, but accurate voltage sent to the RAM. Is this correct?

this is normal for all boards to either slightly underclock/volt or overclock/volt...

Even my Rampage with Vdroop enables slightly undervolts the memory and CPU...

exapmle: CPU voltage in BIOS set at 1.4v...windows shows 1.38

this is normal for all boards to either slightly underclock/volt or overclock/volt...

Even my Rampage with Vdroop enables slightly undervolts the memory and CPU...

exapmle: CPU voltage in BIOS set at 1.4v...windows shows 1.38

Oh, the BIOS/Windows bit makes sense. But there's that other section in the BIOS where one can see the actual, real-time voltage readings. When saying 1.425 in the BIOS, then going to the BIOS's own monitor to confirm is where I'm not understanding things.

Mainly because, if I set the CPU to 1.6v to do 9x400 and it drops down to 1.41, does that mean it's still getting 1.6v at any point from bootup procedure onward?

Back